Mycosis is provoked by various microscopic fungi. In addition to drug treatment, traditional medicine is highly effective. Many of the ancient secrets that our ancestors used are successfully used to this day.
Before you start treating a fungus with folk remedies, you need to consult a dermatologist. It is important to determine the type of pathogen, which is impossible to do on your own.
How to recognize a fungus
The first complaints of patients are associated with aesthetic problems:
- change in the color of the nail;
- the appearance of spots and furrows;
- the nail plate either thins or thickens;
- increased fragility;
- the occurrence of an unpleasant odor.
These symptoms are common. Depending on the type of parasite, symptoms may vary.
It is important to identify a fungal infection at an early stage, this period is most suitable for the use of folk recipes.
At advanced stages, itching and roughness of the skin, pain when walking, detachment of the nail plate from the bed occurs. Then a simple lubrication of the limbs against foot fungus with herbal decoctions will be ineffective.
Lack of timely treatment can lead to a decrease in the protective functions of the body and exacerbation of chronic diseases.
Effective traditional medicine
How to cure foot fungus? There is an extensive selection of folk remedies for foot fungus. Consider the most effective.
Since ancient times, baking soda has been used to treat fungus. The substance is cheap, it is often used in the preparation of folk remedies, namely:
- Baths for hands and feet with soda. Pour two liters of warm water into a container, add a tablespoon of soda. Submerge limbs in liquid. The procedure is carried out within 30 minutes. After completion, rinse the limbs with warm water. Wear cotton socks. The procedure is carried out daily. The duration of the course depends on the degree of damage. Treatment of the fungus is carried out until the visible signs disappear or until a healthy nail plate grows back.
- Soda ointment. To prepare it, pour into a cup 2 tbsp. l. soda. Gradually add warm water, stirring constantly. Achieve a paste consistency. Treat lesions on the legs and other parts of the body.
- Baths with the addition of various components. Add 0. 5 tsp to the container. potassium permanganate, 1 tbsp. l. laundry soap and soda, 2 tbsp. l. dry mustard. Mix all ingredients and add warm water. Immerse your feet for half an hour.
Fungal spores are detrimental to acids. The most accessible and well-known acid is ordinary vinegar. Contraindications to the procedures are the presence of wounds, sensitivity to vinegar, dermatological diseases.
- Baths for the lower extremities. Add 2 liters of water and a glass of vinegar to the container. Carry out the procedure within half an hour. If you experience burning and tingling in the legs, it is worth reducing the concentration of vinegar by adding warm water.
- Compress with vinegar. Table 9% vinegar diluted half with water. Moisten a cotton cloth and apply to the affected area. Wrap with polyethylene and fix with a bandage. You can also wear socks. Leave overnight.
- An excellent antifungal agent is an ointment made from vinegar and glycerin. For preparation, it is necessary to mix the two components in equal proportions. Wash your feet before the procedure. Treat affected areas daily.
How to treat a fungus with iodine? The drug is highly effective. Applying it is very simple. It is enough to moisten a cotton swab in iodine and treat the affected area. The procedure is carried out in the morning and in the evening.
Treatment of the foot with folk remedies involves the use of vegetable juices.
Most often, onion and garlic juices are used; these essential products are similar in their properties. For treatment, it is necessary to lubricate the affected skin with onion juice daily.
To prepare a compress, you need to take a liter of water, dissolve 1 tsp in it. salt and gruel from one clove of garlic. Apply the cloth soaked in the solution to the affected area and fix it.
Grind the horseradish root on a grater or with a blender. Apply gruel to steamed nails and bandage. Leave overnight.
Available drugs and remedies
The most effective and affordable remedies are those prepared from medicinal herbs. You can collect them yourself, as well as purchase a ready-made collection at a pharmacy.
For treatment, you will need a decoction of celandine (1 liter of water and 2 tablespoons of the collection). Bring to a boil and insist for 10 minutes. Strain and add to the basin, dilute with water and lower the legs there. The procedure is carried out for 40 minutes. The minimum course of procedures is 1 month.
For one liter of boiling water take 250 gr. nail flowers. Suitable for both dried and fresh. Pour boiling water and let it brew, then strain. Take a glass of the product and a liter of water, dilute and immerse your legs.
To prepare the remedy, three tablespoons of bark and a glass of boiling water are needed. Boil and let it brew. Pour into a bowl and add warm water. Steam legs for 20 minutes. It is necessary to carry out the procedure twice a week.
At the initial stage of the disease, herbal treatment gives a positive result.
Treatment of foot fungus with folk remedies allows you to speed up recovery quickly and at no significant cost.
Honey is a home remedy, often used to treat foot fungus. It needs to be prepared a little before the procedure. If the honey is very candied, then melt it in a water bath. Lubricate the affected areas daily.
Or prepare honey cakes and apply them to the foot at night, wrapping them tightly with a bandage.
When the first symptoms occur, it is necessary to proceed to fungal treatment with folk remedies.
Other folk remedies
For the preparation of folk remedies for the fungus, unusual components are sometimes used.
Fungus spores are afraid of aggressive detergents. The effectiveness of baths with washing powder is confirmed. For the procedure, you will need a tablespoon of washing powder and a liter of water. Immerse your feet in the solution and keep for 30 minutes. Contraindications are personal intolerance to the components of the drug. The powder must be selected for hand washing.
This pharmaceutical preparation has an antibacterial and wound-healing effect. For the procedure, it is necessary to cover the affected areas with glue. The procedure is carried out every day before going to bed.
Brew freshly ground coffee and pour into a basin for taking baths. Add the required amount of water. The procedure is carried out daily.
There are other recipes that help fight the fungus: the use of essential oils, urine therapy.
Treatment with the use of folk remedies must be agreed with the doctor. If redness or irritation of the skin occurs after use, the drug should be discarded. To achieve the maximum effect, systematic procedures are required.