According to statistics, every fifth inhabitant of our planet is wondering how to effectively cure foot nail fungus with home methods, since with a crazy pace of life there is not enough time to visit a doctor. This disease is not dangerous or fatal, but it causes a lot of discomfort, so I want to get rid of it as quickly as possible. The following remedies and tips will help you forget about such an unpleasant ailment.
Iodine is a cheap and effective remedy in the fight against fungus
Why is this particular alcohol solution so popular? It's simple: the structure of the fungus is protein, and iodine causes the protein to fold, destroying it.
There are several recipes using this universal remedy, choose the one that suits you:
- Apply one drop of 5% solution to each affected nail twice daily. For these purposes, use a regular cotton swab. Do not forget about the prevention of healthy nails: apply 1 drop of iodine on them every other day. The course of therapy in this case will take approximately 4-6 weeks.
- Many are interested in whether it is possible to cure toenail fungus without pills, because not everyone and not always can take medications. Traditional medicine knows many recipes, and we list the most proven and effective ones. One of these are baths with iodine. Add a few drops of the alcohol solution to a bowl of warm water, then dip your feet into it and keep them there for about 10-15 minutes. At the end of the procedure, the affected parts of the nail must be removed, and then these areas should be treated with ordinary hydrogen peroxide. If you wish, you can additionally apply any antibacterial ointment to the gauze bandage and fix it on your nails overnight. 3 such procedures will be enough.
Effective baking soda recipes
Interested in where you can cure nail fungus? Of course, if you have the time and money, you can use laser therapy or other advances in medicine. However, in most cases, you can get rid of the disease at home, resorting to the means that everyone has. For example, why not use soda, which makes all the stratum corneum very soft, which facilitates the penetration of creams and ointments to the affected areas?
We make baths using soda and soap
For the procedure you will need:
- Basin with 7-8 liters of water.
- Soda - 3 cups.
- Tar or laundry soap, pre-ground on a grater - 3-4 tablespoons.
First you need to mix all the ingredients for the bath very carefully. As soon as you are sure that the soap and soda have completely dissolved in the water, lower your legs into the basin. The duration of the procedure is approximately 20 minutes. After the bath, try to cut off the affected nails as much as possible. When your feet are dry, rub any antibacterial ointment on your nails and the skin around them. Repeat the procedure 1 time in 4 days until the complete disappearance of the fungus.
Paste from soda - tested and inexpensive
Take the required amount of soda (taking into account how many areas you need to treat) and mix it with water so that the consistency resembles thick sour cream. Then apply the mixture on the affected areas in one layer. Put a few drops of lemon juice on top of the paste. If you feel a tingling sensation and small bubbles appear on the surface, don't worry, that's how it should be. After 5 minutes, remove the paste, wash your feet and apply an antifungal ointment. You can use this paste no more than once every 4-5 days.
How to get rid of fungus with vinegar
If you do not know how to cure toenail fungus at home, then here are a few more recipes for you. If you start treatment at the earliest stages, you will be able to defeat the disease very quickly.
- We make tricks. Combine and mix thoroughly 2 tbsp. l. vodka, 3 egg whites and 2 tbsp. l. vinegar essence. After that, take a gauze napkin or a bandage folded in several layers, moisten abundantly in the prepared solution and apply to the affected area for 15 minutes. After this time, replace the used dressing with a new one and repeat the procedure. This should be done every evening until the affected nail is completely removed.
- Compress. Here you can use both table and apple cider vinegar. Take a cotton swab, soak it well in the liquid and attach it to the nail, and then fix it with cling film and a bandage. Wear a compress every evening for 3 hours. With the help of such methods, it will not be difficult to cure the fungus on the nail of the thumb itself in 1-2 months. Everything is done simply, and the components are all available.
- Baths. To prepare the bath, combine vinegar and water in a ratio of 1: 8, respectively. However, before lowering your legs there, steam them in ordinary hot water and remove the affected nail plates as much as possible. And only then immerse your feet in a container of vinegar for 20 minutes. Repeat the procedure every evening for 7 days. Now you know how to cure nail fungus in a week, but this only applies to diseases at an early stage.
Lemon and turmeric for the health of your nails
You can try killing nail fungus with lemon and turmeric. The first ingredient perfectly whitens the nail, and the second has unique antiseptic properties and does not allow the fungus to multiply and infect other nails.
Combine a few drops of lemon juice and a little turmeric to make a thick paste, and apply it to the area affected by the fungus. It will be enough to withstand it for 20 minutes daily. After 5-7 days you will notice the result of lemon treatment, but this is not a reason to stop the procedure.
You can drip on the nail just the juice of fresh lemon every day, hold for 5-7 minutes and wash the surface with soap. However, such procedures should be done daily for 2-3 months.
Garlic is the enemy of fungal diseases No. 1
This is an excellent remedy for those who are looking for an answer to the question of how to quickly cure toenail fungus at home, although it does have some unpleasant moments. The first is in the smell, and the second is in a fairly palpable throbbing pain that you have to endure.
You can try the following recipes:
- Squeeze garlic juice and treat the affected nail with it every day.
- Mix equal amounts of rubbing alcohol and garlic juice. Treat the affected areas with this composition in the morning and evening.
- Mix vegetable oil and garlic slurry until a thick mixture is obtained. Apply the composition before going to bed and leave it overnight, fixing it with a bandage for convenience.
Treatment with garlic should be continued until the fungus disappears completely, it can take 2 weeks or 2 months, it all depends on the stage of the disease.
How to deal with chronic forms of the fungus with medication?
It is very important to know how to properly cure an advanced nail fungus, since in this case monotherapy will not help, you will have to resort to an integrated approach that includes pills, ointments, folk remedies. Here it is already advisable to visit a doctor who will draw up a treatment plan specifically for your case.
- Broad-spectrum antifungal drugs. It is necessary to take funds 1 time per week until a complete cure, that is, until a new nail fully grows.
- Terbinafine-based drugs. To cure an old fungus on the legs with these remedies, they will have to be taken for at least 2 months, otherwise you will not cope with the disease.
- Means based on itraconazole. Effective and fairly safe medicines that fight almost all known types of fungus.
- Medications containing ketoconazole. They begin to act only after 3 months of regular use, but then their action will be fast and effective.
As we have already said, with regard to the chronic form of the disease, it will be necessary to approach the matter in a comprehensive manner. So, it will be difficult to cure nail fungus with pills. It is also necessary to use topical agents, that is, creams and ointments. Good results are obtained by the use of the Tibetan patch.
Folk remedies for running fungus
In principle, you can use all the recipes above in conjunction with tablets and ointments. But still it is worth adding a few more effective traditional medicine:
- Buy at a pharmacy or prepare your own propolis tincture with alcohol. Soak tampons in it daily and apply to sore spots.
- Kombucha fights many diseases of the body, and the fungus is no exception. Make a slurry out of it and apply it to the affected nail plates twice a day. In the evening, you can first soak your feet in a solution of potassium permanganate, and then apply the same gruel, fix it with a bandage and leave it like that all night.
- If someone in your family smokes, then this may come in handy in this case, as the ashes are needed for the recipe. Mix the ash left after smoking 3 cigarettes with a small amount of fluoride toothpaste (half a teaspoon will be enough). Apply this remedy to the affected nail, wrap it in a bag and leave it overnight.
Now you see that it is silly to ask the question of how to quickly cure nail fungus at home, since any method requires patience and time. But you will actually notice the first results very soon in most cases.